The mission of the Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis is to encourage philanthropy and foster leadership among women, and support programs that enable women and children to reach their full potential.
Since 1993 Susan G. Komen Memphis-MidSouth has provided almost $10.5 million in direct grants to local healthcare providers in the Mid-South and over $3 million to breast cancer research. For every dollar that Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi raises, 75% remains in the local community for breast healthcare grants and educational programs. The remaining 25% funds breast cancer research.
Operation Broken Silence is building a global movement to empower the Sudanese people through innovative programs as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our primary goal in 2018 is to double the size of our primary school and open the first high school in Yida Refugee Camp, South Sudan, where thousands of children who fled the war in Sudan have no classroom to attend.
GPAC’s mission is to serve the community by presenting the highest-quality artistic endeavors to educate, engage, enrich and transform.
MIFA was founded in 1968 in an unprecedented cooperative effort uniting church and community leaders to confront the growing issues of poverty, hunger, and social division in Memphis. Created in the wake of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s assassination, MIFA began as a volunteer-driven advocacy agency and has evolved into a broad-based, professional, social service nonprofit organization.
The Herb Kosten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research was founded in 2003 by the family of Herb Kosten after his death due to pancreatic cancer. Kosten’s family sought to improve community support, awareness, and funding for pancreatic cancer, one of the deadliest known cancers.
United Way of the Mid-South is focused on our area’s most critical issue: poverty. We sit at the unique crossroads of local businesses, organized labor, academia, government, philanthropy, faith-based organizations, volunteers, and other groups – a position which gives us a tremendous insight into the root causes and results of poverty.
Inside Memphis Business brings you the best locations for your next corporate function
Since 1957, Jack Pirtle’s Chicken has been serving the “Best Fried Chicken, Homemade Gravy, and Delicious Old Fashion Steak Sandwiches in the Mid South Market.”
Gant Systems, a leading Tennessee information technology company to design, build, deploy, and manage business technology.